Designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals, Blackmagic Design‘s ATEM Television Studio HD is a compact yet powerful and easy-to-operate solution. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, and both sets of inputs support SD and HD resolution signals. The relatively small chassis can fit on a standard equipment rack with the separately available Teranex Mini Rack Shelf, so it can be brought on location for streaming video, or installed semi-permanently for recording or broadcasting from a studio.
The front panel keeps essential controls at arm’s reach, while more advanced controls and settings, such as upstream and downstream keyers, graphics, media, and precise mixing for the 10 channels of available audio can be accessed through the USB interface or with an ATEM control surface. Move to the rear to reveal the BNC and HDMI connections for input and output. Multiview can be transmitted over SDI or HDMI to align with your equipment setup, and an AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is great for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups. Blackmagic Design Studio Cameras can also be controlled from the switcher for consistent looks across the board.
- Choose from a wide range of transitions including cut, mix, dip, and wipe patterns. ATEM Television Studio HD makes every transition instantly available and gives you full control over type, pattern, length, and more.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio HD has 18 built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: The ATEM Television Studio HD has a powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE. You can push, spin, squeeze and swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in DVE transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in pre-programmed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.
- Upstream Keyer
- Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys are sometimes known as a self key because the same video source is used for cutting the key and overlaying the video image. Luma keys work best with high contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images together in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the 18 built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
- Downstream Keyers
- The ATEM Television Studio HD includes two downstream keyers so you can add high-quality graphics like logos, bugs, and titles from the built-in media players over the live ‘on air’ program output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying, so they overlay all video switched to the main program output.
- Power Macros
- To automate complex sequences of precisely timed actions on your ATEM switcher, you can now create powerful shortcuts called macros. Record a sequence of transitions between video sources, including key effects, audio mixer adjustments, camera control settings, and more using the ATEM software or hardware control panel. Macros are saved as XML files that can be edited with a standard text editor, so you can combine them together to build sophisticated sequences that would be impossible to execute manually during a live production. That means you can create unique looks or your programs that can be recalled instantly, copied between switchers, and used repeatedly when you require them.
- Mix Minus
- The four SDI talkback outputs on the ATEM Television Studio HD support mix minus, which is important when you are working with remote interviewees. For example, you could remove input 5 from the program audio on output 5, so the remote interviewee hears everything in the program except themselves talking and won’t be distracted by any audio delay.
- Audio Mixer
- The built-in audio mixer lets you control camera and external audio with precision level and balance adjustments on all 10 available channels. You can enable or disable channels, or activate audio-follow-video (AFV) mode instantly. Adjust the mixer via the ATEM Control Software or plug in an external Mackie standard USB fader panel.
- Multiview allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and program outputs on a single screen so you don’t need separate monitors for your individual cameras. You get HDMI and SDI multiview outputs so you can connect professional broadcast SDI monitors, computer monitors, or even consumer HDTV sets.
- Media Players
- Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The two media players appear as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full frame video or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. Popular image formats such as PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
- ATEM Photoshop Plugin
- Use the included Photoshop plugin to create still broadcast graphics and instantly add them to the ATEM Television Studio HD’s media pool. Add professional looking logos, lower thirds, scorecards, or other real-time graphics and get them on air in no time.
The Blackmagic Design Web Presenter is a compact desktop device that allows you to connect any SDI or HDMI camera signal and stream it live on the Web in 720p HD. Connect a camera or any other source, and then connect the Web Presenter to your computer’s USB port.
The Web Presenter makes your SDI/HDMI source appear as a standard UVC and UAC compatible USB webcam, so it’s capable of broadcasting video and audio on any webcam-compatible platform and software, including Skype, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Twitch.tv, Periscope, Open Broadcaster, and XSplit Broadcaster on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS systems. However, the magic happens thanks to a built-in Teranex conversion technology that will take your HD or Ultra HD signal and automatically convert it to the low-data-rate yet high-quality 720p resolution.
The Web Presenter features 12G-SDI, HDMI 2.0, XLR mic/line, and RCA L/R stereo audio inputs and SDI and HDMI outputs. In addition to everything it also has a built-in, two-input production switcher that allows you to live-switch programs if you incorporate the Blackmagic Teranex Mini Smart Panel, sold separately. The optional panel adds push button controls, an LCD screen, and a spin knob, and allows you to have a presenter on an SDI camera and a slide show on an HDMI computer, and to switch between them with smooth dissolves. You can even preview video and monitor audio levels on the LCD screen before going live with your web broadcast.
- Key Features
- Live Stream Any SDI or HDMI Signal in 720p
The Web Presenter allows you to connect any SDI or HDMI video source and broadcast it live as a webcam in 720p resolution thanks to built-in Teranex conversion technology.Connect Virtually Any SDI or HDMI Camera
The Web Presenter features 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 inputs with support for all SD, HD, and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60. An HDMI loop-out lets you set up the Web Presenter between your computer and a video projector, and an SDI output is included for master recording the output of the switcher. The SDI program output, which is not down converted to 720p, can be used to record a full resolution master. You also get balanced XLR audio inputs for connecting professional microphones, along with RCA HiFi inputs for connecting iPods and other audio sources so you can add music or computer audio to your program.Re-Synchronization
Mix and match different video sources with glitch free switching. The Web Presenter features automatic frame re-synchronization on the HDMI input so you can work with multiple sources and automatically synchronize them to ensure glitch free switching. This advanced feature lets you transition between sources cleanly, as long as they are running at the same frame rates and resolution.Desktop or Rackmount with Built-In PSU
The Web Presenter is based on the modular Teranex Mini. It’s compact and can be used desktop-mounted, but can also be rackmounted or easily hidden. Three units fit side-by-side in a single rack space, or can be combined with other Blackmagic devices such as Teranex Mini converters, HyperDeck Studio Mini recorders, and the ATEM Television Studio HD switcher. The Web Presenter also features a built-in power supply so you don’t have to carry around extra power cables.
Blackmagic Design’s HyperDeck Studio Mini is a portable broadcast quality record/playback deck that can also be rackmounted. It features a 6G-SDI input that allows capturing video up to 2160p30, and it incorporates one HDMI and two 6G-SDI outputs. It records to two SD card slots, which enable virtually endless recordings. The HyperDeck Studio Mini is housed in a 1RU rackmountable unit but is approximately 1/3 of a rack wide. It features a front panel button control and a jog/shuttle wheel for an analog scrubbing feel. RS-422 control is supported for external control. You can also control the unit using either the USB port or over Ethernet via the RJ-45 connector. An integrated LCD on the front panel allows you to monitor the video.
- UHD 4K Recording and Playback
- The HyperDeck Studio Mini records UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps. It also features 720p and 1080p 4:4:4:4 file support with fill and key outputs.
- Video Inputs
- It supports SD, HD, 3G, and 6G signals over SDI.
- Supported Codecs
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime, ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime.
- VTR Style Controls
- Featuring VTR style front panel controls for record and playback, while a built-in jog/shuttle wheel provides analog style control over your playback.
- The unit is controllable via RS-422 control and over the Ethernet or USB port.
- Built-In LCD Monitor
- The unit’s front panel also features a built-in LCD screen that allows you to monitor input or playback video.
- Included Software
- The HyperDeck Studio Mini includes Media Express, Disk Speed test, Blackmagic System Preferences, and Blackmagic driver software (Mac only).