The Shinobi 5.2″ 4K HDMI Monitor is a 5.2″ on-camera monitor that monitors DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video input. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m², which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Shinobi features a lightweight plastic chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools, as well as anamorphic de-squeeze. A 12V power supply is included with the unit.
- With AtomHDR you can monitor up to ten stops of dynamic range of your camera’s LOG image. Most conventional monitors can only display six or seven stops, which is fine for standard footage; but a Log image will look overly flat. It is also superior to monitoring with a loaded LUT, which can clip the highlights and mask shadows.
Supported Log Formats
- ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 /LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 /LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600
- Canon CLog / CLog 2 / CLog 3
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog
- Nikon N-Log
- Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3
- Panasonic Vlog
- RED Log3G10 / RED LogFilm
- Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine
- Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+
- Panasonic V Gamut
- Arri Alexa Wide Gamut
- Rec709 / BT.2020
- RED WideGamut / RED DragonColor / DragonColor2
- RED Color2 / RED Color3 / RED Color4