The Blackmagic Design HDMI to SDI 6G Mini Converter converts HDMI to SD, HD, 3G, or 6G-SDI in resolutions up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 24p and UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 60p. This is useful for connecting consumer devices that output HDMI signals with professional SDI video equipment. With a compact form factor and easy-to-use controls, the Mini Converter is ideal for a variety of broadcast, post-production, and professional AV applications.
Using 4K HDMI and 6G-SDI technologies, the Mini Converter automatically detects the input video format and instantly changes between SD, HD, and UHD/DCI 4K formats. The two 6G-SDI outputs also support SD and HD-SDI signals for integration into existing workflows. Both 6G-SDI outputs send duplicate signals. Audio is embedded in the SDI output from either the HDMI input or from the two 1/4″ input jacks which support four channels of AES/EBU digital audio or two channels of analog audio.
- The Mini Converter’s settings are controlled using the built-in switches or via USB using the control software for Max OS X or Windows computers, which can be downloaded on Blackmagic Design’s website. The USB port also enables the firmware to be updated.
- The device is powered by an included 12V power supply and includes international socket adapters.
- Additional Features
- 4:2:2 Sampling and color precision
- HD scaler and SD down-conversion
- 24-bit, 48 kHz audio sampling
- Compliant with SMPTE 259M/292M/296M/372M/424M/425M Level A or B/SMPTE ST-2081, and ITU-R BT.656/BT.601 standards