As part of Panasonic‘s entry into full-frame mirrorless, the Lumix DC-S1 is a well-rounded camera offering advanced feature-sets for both stills and video, along with a robust physical construction. Characterized by its full-frame 24.2MP MOS sensor, which is supported by an updated Venus Engine, the S1 offers impressive image quality along with a quick 9 fps shooting rate and expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 204800. In regard to video, the S1 can record UHD 4K30p with full-pixel readout, 4:2:0 10-bit color, and unlimited shooting times, as well as 4K60p for up to 29:59. HDR video recording is possible using the dedicated Hybrid Log Gamma mode, and a firmware update will be available to add 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording along with V-Log. Complementing both stills and video capabilities, the image sensor also utilizes an advanced DFD contrast-detection autofocus system for quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. Additionally, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 5.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
Included with the camera body, the Lumix S 24-105mm f/4 Macro O.I.S. is a wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture. Its optical design includes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which control a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. Balancing its optical performance, this zoom is also unique due to is 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 11.8″ minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects. Additionally, an Optical Image Stabilizer, which supports the camera’s Dual I.S. 2, helps to control the effects of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and the lens sports a weather-sealed design for use in harsh conditions.
- amera is powered off.
- Durable, weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction is splash, dust, and freezeproof to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Ergonomic design provides a large, comfortable right-hand grip along with easily accessible physical controls, an eight-way joystick, and a refined overall UI design for intuitive use. Additionally, illuminated buttons aid settings adjustment in low-light conditions and a lock lever prevents unwanted settings changes.
- Dual memory card slots-one CFexpress Type B/XQD slot and one SD UHS-II compatible slot-offer improved flexibility for image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards, or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- A USB Type-C port allows for fast file transferring as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, an HDMI Type A port benefits video applications, a 2.5mm port can be used with the optional DMW-RS2 Remote Shutter, 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs, and a PC sync port can be used for wired flash synchronization.
- DMW-BLJ31 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 380-400 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor, 360-380 shots per charge with the EVF, and 1100-1150 shots per charge when Power Save LVF mode is on.
- High precision shutter mechanism offers a top mechanical speed of 1/8000 sec, a flash sync speed of 1/320 sec, and has been tested for approximately 400,000 actuations.